Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Playwright Portrait, Zakiyyah Alexander, Excerpt from 10 Things To Do Before I Die


The Playwright Zakiyyah Alexander 2007
copyright Peter Bellamy 2010

excerpt from 10 Things to Do Before I Die


VIDA: Hello, it’s me and I am leaving you a message. You know what I hate? What I hate about you? I hate the fact that you drip sweat all over me, it’s disgusting, not sexy. I hate that you say the word fucking while you’re fucking me. I hate it when you go down on me. I lie there and wait while you think you’re actually doing something, then I pretend to come cause I’m worried that I might hurt your feelings. I hate that you don’t call me enough, that you don’t think about me enough, that you don’t love me. And, I hate the way I feel when you walk out the door. I hate you for making me hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment