Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Playwright Portrait, Daniel Reitz, Excerpt, Perfect Evening


 
Playwright Daniel Reitz 2007
copyright Peter Bellamy 2010

CLARK
Then one night, he called me into his office. He and a hustler took turns fucking me, and when they were done he sent the kid home in a company car and had me sign a prepared resignation letter. I was getting in the way at work – he’d be sitting through a partners’ meeting and looking through the plate glass, and fantasize putting me through it.
Normal life does intrude every now and then. I asked him not to hit my face for a while, at least not until I’m back from seeing my mother in Connecticut. He made me beg him not to, but the truth is, I think he’s getting tired. It takes a lot out of him. Lately he’s been farming me out. Last Saturday night he made me blow a homeless guy in the Jersey Path station.
I mean, he says he won’t rest until I’m on life support, but … fundamentally, though? He’s a very … you’ll laugh. Humane person. Civilized.
-- From Perfect Evening
by Daniel Reitz

No comments:

Post a Comment