Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2015

The Playwright Sibyl Kempson, Abrons Art Center, 2015

click to enlarge
The Playwright Sibyl Kempson, Abrons Art Center, 2015
actress Sarah Willis
dog Rey Williams

7 Daughters of Eve Thtr. & Perf. Co
presents
LET US NOW PRAISE SUSAN SONTAG
Writing/Direction: Sibyl Kempson
Cast: Rolls Andre, Becca Blackwell, Eleanor Hutchins, Robert Johanson, Lavish Miller,Gavin Price, Tanya Selvaratnam, Amanda Villalobos, Sarah Willis
Band: Ellery Royston & Johnny Gasper, Music: Ashley Turba, Stage Management: Eryk Aughenbaugh, Dramaturgy: Jody McAuliffe, Eryk Aughenbaugh, Choreography: David Neumann,  Set & Costumes: Suzanne Bocanegra, Sound Designer: Ellery Royston, Lighting: Sarah Lurie,  Construction: Brendan Regimbal, Laurena Allan, Producer: Meredith Boggia

Film hand-developed by photographer/Photograph taken with Hasselblad film camera.

Hi, Peter -

This looks great. One correction: Rey's name (the dog) is spelled Rey. Rey Williams. Not Ray. Thank you!

Here's the quote (from the character Tory played by Eleanor Hutchins):

"This never happened to me. And yet at the same time

I remember it! … and I get there, or here? and it’s all marble,

and it’s crumbling down.

It’s a huge monument,

of some kind, and with big pieces and it’s like. Really intimidating.

BIG pieces.

And two things happened to me there.

#1.) I came to know God.

#2.) I came to no god."

If you need a shorter one, you can use:

"And two things happened to me there.

#1.) I came to know God.

#2.) I came to no god."

Thank you!

Best of luck with it!

Sibyl Kempson
Playwright, Teacher, Artistic Director
She/her/hers

No comments:

Post a Comment